WHAT IF??

 


What and If are two separate non threatening words as words can be but put them together and they have the power to haunt you for a lifetime.

What if I make a mistake, What if I regret it later, What if I fall, What if I never get back up, What if my life is a mess, What if I never find love, What if I find love and never have it reciprocated, What if I lose them even after its reciprocated, What if I don’t have friends, What if I have a lot of friends but not a single loyal one, What if I die without living, What IF?? What IF?? What IF??

It's just as oppressive to be afraid of the future as it is to be afraid of the past. Yesterday is history, and tomorrow is a mystery, as we've all heard. When you walk forward into the mystery, the only truth that can be made the best history is now in the present moment. According to what I've read, the most frequent fear that humans have is the fear of failure. Failure at school, failure at work, failure among peers, failure to fall in love, failure to stand up for oneself, and failure to speak the truth, and while we are debating all of these what if's, we fail to live, we fail to enjoy the beauty of life, we fail to recognise the blessings bestowed upon us, we fail to see the positive side of all that is wonderful and mesmerising.

There will always be times when we feel down and out, when we believe life has been unfair to us, when we believe we have been pawns in someone else's chess game, when we believe we have never lived a happy life, but if we take a breath and think of it as an opportunity to grow, to improve our approaches, to create our own world, the What ifs will begin to make sense.

If Helen Keller had thought, "What if my deaf blindness will prevent me from speaking," rather than "What if I am blind and deaf, I will still learn to communicate," we would not have had a disability activist and novelist. Instead of pondering, "What if I have a disability, I will still pursue research?" Stephen Hawking would have pondered, "What if my condition prevents me from pursuing my goal?" We would not have had a genius Physicist if his handicap had prohibited him from pursuing a career in science.

Always choose optimism over pessimism; it takes little work to be grateful for who we are and what we have, but it takes a great deal of effort to pretend to appreciate someone else that appears to have it all together. We can never truly understand what another person is going through unless we have walked in their shoes.

Rather than constructing a negative monotone out of our What ifs, let's try asking some positive questions. What if I make it right, What if I am satisfied later, What if I fly, What if I get back up stronger, What if my life is harmonious, What if I find love and love finds me, What if I have a group of loyal friends, What if everything I am going through is preparing me for what I asked for? What if I live before I die, What IF?? What IF?? What IF??

 

Comments

  1. YAAY BACK AFTER A LONG TIME 😍 AS ALWAYS LOVED IT!! KEEP GOING

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chemistry