The Hero
A race was conducted to determine the fastest animal on the planet. The contestants were A Dog, A Gazelle, A Cheetah, A lion and A Human. Every channel relayed this news and everyone was glued to their TV screens to see the outcome. The race started, and the gazelle was on the lead closely followed by the lion and then the dog and human. To everybody’s surprise the Cheetah was nowhere to be seen. The lion not able to take a hit on the ego by loosing to the gazelle pounced on him and killed the gazelle. The human not able to loose to the dog ordered him to stay and the dog stopped. Both the lion and human reached the end line at the same time. They were both announced as winners. But the media rushed to the cheetah wondering why he did not compete. The cheetah replied “Sometimes trying to prove you are the best is an insult”.
This story inspired me to a great extent. I started wondering what kind of role I played in my world. I am a human by form. I do look at others as inferior or superior to me. Sometimes I am the gazelle trying to prove I am the best but being devoured by cruel minds. Sometimes I am the dog being controlled by others. Sometimes I switch roles and end up controlling others. I am happy to claim that I have never been cruel to anyone. But instead of trying to be the best when I realised my worth I don’t feel the need to prove it. I have evolved.
When we were children we were taught to follow social and economic norms. Education taught us to follow routine. We were guided to follow easy paths to succeed. Our dreams remained dreams. When we reach a stage where we are free to break the rules and seek our goals that’s when we attain real freedom. I have learnt that when you truly don’t care what anyone thinks of you have reached a dangerously awesome level of freedom. The freedom to choose, freedom to plan, freedom to decide, freedom to act, freedom to laugh, freedom to fight, freedom to explore and the freedom to live. I pity some people who just exist without any purpose in life just satisfying their basic needs of air, water, food and shelter. When we don’t have a purpose there is a constant sense of incompleteness, forming a loop between desire, plan, failure and fatigue. We set a goal, aspire to achieve and work out a plan towards achieving it. Sometimes the plan works and sometimes it fails. We have to be strong enough to work out a different plan but should never change the goal
If we look at every challenge as a problem in life we will face disappointments. If we have the courage to look at every challenge as an experience then we will reach our goal without resentment and regret. At every step we will meet all types of people, lions, dogs, gazelles etc... but as long as we know we are cheetahs we will be unbeatable. Let’s define our limits and never let our limits define us. The universe is filled with endless possibilities. Our mind shift will transform us and once we become fearless, we become limitless. I am ready to explore my limitless freedom to choose and be my own hero.....Are you?
Nice flow of words, as Usual, G! (I'll call you G). Keep writing. I feel you are rushing to finish...just my thought π€
ReplyDelete"The Hero'...Unfortunately, doesn't work this way now. You need to market yourself as a product at every step of life. Your worth has to be proclaimed loudly.
In your story, even the Cheetah, at one point of time, had to prove that it's the fastest. Else, he would be known only as a cat with polka dots.
Imagine you are posting two selfies. One with Taj Mahal as a background and another one with Statue of Liberty behind you... which selfie do you think will get more likes?
So, it's how you present to others that counts.
Go ahead, place a flag to flutter...prove your worth and then we can talk like a wise Cheetah π
Thank you so much for the input...ji...will try to add more features to my hat
Delete