That’s News!!!
Anything and everything was news until it happened near me or to me. We have heard this statement a lot of times from many people around us or we ourselves have said it. But how many of us have realized the depth of that statement. I tried to analyze the implication of this statement from my perspective.
When I heard the news of George Floyd’s death, my blood boiled like many others and I raised my voice against the devastating occurrence. My heart went out to him and all the colored people trying to survive in countries filled with Racists. But when the riots started I was not a big fan of it either. If skin color cannot discriminate a black man as being bad how is it justified to discriminate all whites as racists? Why didn’t my blood boil the same way. Similarly when one of my family members was cast away from the family for marrying a groom belonging to a different caste, I was not able to raise even a finger against it. Was it because I wanted to belong to the majority in both instances? I wondered.
Why should anyone be judged based on color, caste, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, language, religion etc… ? Who are we to judge another human being? Don’t we become judgmental the minute we see someone different than ourselves or our friends. Recently I have this feeling that each and everything in this universe is created exactly alike and exactly different. We are all humans but we are all different in ways we manifest our reality. Instead of thinking of ourselves as good or bad shouldn’t we think of ourselves as conscious and unconscious? Instead of labeling it as being cruel or compassionate shouldn’t we think of it as being aware and unaware?
I have read few verses from the Bagavath Geetha where Lord Krishna explains Manodharma to Arjuna. I love the epic verse where Lord Krishna says “From your point of view Dhuryodhan is evil, but don’t forget that from his point of view you are evil too”. So from each other’s perspective everybody is good and everybody is bad. Then how can we judge another human. Instead of judging if we try to help them realize our perspective, and if there is truth in it, I feel the other person will be able to understand, depending on their willingness to face the truth, depending on their courage to face the reality.
I very well know how difficult it was for me to face my reality, the reality of who I am, the reality of why I am, the reality of what I am, and the reality of how I am? But the minute I realized the answers to all these questions, I was able to understand about everyone around me. This realization minimized my suffering and I am sure this will help minimize other’s sufferings too. Let us leave the past in the past as just good or bad memories and live in the present.
Each and every living thing has got its own essence covered by different forms, if we remove the shell and dare to look inside we will be able to find the frightened insecure core, trying to manifest its unconscious, unrealistic expectations into its reality, failing which the unconscious self starts to build a wall around itself to block the consciousness. This is the cowardice trying to bully the brave ones to console the little child hidden behind the dark curtains. If the brave ones can help the coward humans without being judgmental and make them feel safe to look into their own CCTV’s, if they can wake up the unaware child, then I feel the world will become a better place for all forms of living beings.
Instead of labeling an apple, “AN APPLE” let us try calling it a fruit named Apple. Instead of labeling a dove, “A DOVE” let us try calling it a bird named Dove. Instead of labeling a dog, “A DOG” let us try calling it an animal named Dog. Instead of labeling ourselves “Evil or Virtuous” let us try calling ourselves human, we don’t have to be perfect, because what’s perfect to us may be imperfect to others and vice versa, we just need to understand the reality. We ourselves might despise the truth but we have to try to be brave enough to face it accept it and change for the better, if not the best …..That’s my realization & a revelation ….Now that’s news to me……how about you?
Oh wow ... Im so glad you touched upon this topic π absolutely loved it!!! Keep going !!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much reader for the encouragement
DeleteWow post. Being a special parent,I know the pain of labelling. Well Said.Keep Rocking
ReplyDeleteThank you so much dear
DeleteWell said things to be felt and should be applied…..!!! Stronger the person stronger the vision
ReplyDelete