Mask off
The most used sentence in the entire world for the past 2 years, wear your mask, don’t take your mask off, Mask on and when I think about it don’t we all wear masks everyday right from the time we reach adulthood.
I have multiple masks, for different occasions, I wear it according to my mood or what the situation calls for, my favorite mask is called Smile.
When happy I smile (obviously), when sad I smile (to hide my tears), when angry I smile (to hide my frustration), when lying I smile (to protect the bitch inside), when hurting I smile (to protect the child inside), when parenting I smile (to understand my kids), when I succeed I smile (to show my gratitude), when I fail I smile (to protect my self esteem), When I know the truth I smile (to accept what is to come).
Sometimes I wonder if that’s the only mask I put on for all my moods or what the situation calls for, my Smile. I also wonder what will happen if I show the real me. Will I still be loved by my family, Will I still be adored by my kids, Will I still be respected among peers, Will I still be considered the fun one among friends? Questions? Questions? Questions?
I have read many philosophical articles about remaining positive in negative situations, I have read stories saying Change is the only constant, This too shall pass, Whatever happens is for good, Live in the moment, Tomorrow will be better.
If everyone can remain positive in negative situations then who will cause the negativity?
If change is the only constant, then why bother to stick to a routine?
If all good and all bad shall pass then what is the point of living?
If whatever happens is for good then why do we have negative emotions?
If we live in the moment then why should we wait for a better tomorrow?
Questions? Questions? Questions? So many unanswered questions, who will clarify these to me?
Yes, it’s me I have to find the answers to all these questions within me by bravely removing my masks and facing the truth about myself and my life.
Shakespeare once exclaimed, the world is a stage and we are all actors, I was too naive then to understand the depth of these words, but now I am beginning to understand. I do multiple roles in each stage of my life. I am the funny one, I am the moody one, I am the matured one, I am the childish one, I am the angry one, I am the humble one, I am the arrogant one, I am the simple one, I am the sophisticated one, I am the stylish one, I am the dowdy one, I am the blessed one, I am the cursed one, I am the weak one, I am the strong one, which makes me ALL IN ONE. So what I wear is not a mask, I wear me and my favorite me is the Smiling me. My smile goes more than mile .....or does it? Questions? Questions? Questions?
Yeah true. Well said
ReplyDeleteSuper beautifully described
ReplyDeletethank you
DeleteI am becoming a fan! This is too good ππ beautifully written... Keep going
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouragement
DeleteGood one
ReplyDeleteThank you so much
DeleteVery well written and do let me know if you find some answers :)
ReplyDeleteSure thank you so much for the encouragement
ReplyDeleteSo relatable... Beautifully described ❤️
ReplyDeleteThank you so much :)
DeleteWow amazing one I can't wait for the next ones π€
ReplyDeleteThank you reader for the encouragement
DeleteIt's a very beautiful life we're living in depending on the way we carry it with a smile.
ReplyDeleteGreat writing keep up this happy passion of yours π
Thank you so much reader
DeleteExcellent.
DeleteSrinivasan Babu
Thank u
Delete