WHO AM I? ππ
Started my journey as a daughter,
then continued as a sister later chose to be a wife then blessed to become a
mother, but apart from holding on to all such titles what is my identity, not
how people see me but how I want to be seen by the world. Who Am I?
Let me start from the beginning, my
earliest memory when I asked myself this question for the first time.
I must have been 4 or 5 years old.
I asked my daddy, Who am I?
His ever smiling face beamed with
love as he picked me up in his chubby hands sat me on his lap and said you
are my princess. I was not satisfied with that reply, so I persisted, no daddy,
who am I? His brows creased a bit, pondering the right response, he smiled
again and said you are my precious daughter named after my mother and he started
explaining the meaning of my name when I dozed off still not receiving the
reply I was looking for.
The next time this question arose
was when I blamed my wrong doing on my brother to escape my dad's anger (which
was almost never). After my brother understood that I had tattled on him he
confronted me and said you should have owned up, what was the point of blaming
me for your mischief? I felt a gush of guilt along with that question yet
again, Was I a brave mischievous kid or the coward who would blame her own
brother to escape the consequences. Who am I?
As life passed by, many failures,
few successes later, it was time to choose a path, whether to pursue arts or
science? Though I wanted to pursue medicine from a very early age, my love for
dance, music, reading and writing was far more than a passion it was my calling
so I decided to pursue arts and circumstances also led me in that direction, maybe
it was the universe working its way towards my goal, hahahaha I am laughing at
myself saying it aloud. Who was I kidding? I was Jack of all trades and Queen
of none. Yes I knew it but my pride wouldn’t give way to accept the reality
that was me.
After 3 years of college, and a
very stable relationship which ended in marriage, yes rightly put the relationship
was everything but stable. It was as rocky as the Himalayas and as unstable as my
wifi connection. This was when I even lost the one question that was nagging me
from my childhood for almost 2 decades. When I was still a Science enthusiast I
have read that The magnetic field of a magnetar would be lethal even at a distance
of 1000 km due to the strong magnetic field distorting the electron clouds of the
subject's constituent atoms, rendering the chemistry of life impossible. Once I identified myself as his wife the chemistry between him
and me was more powerful than that of a magnetar that it distorted my own image
of myself and rendered my whole being null and void making me a walking zombie
as years passed and I kept failing myself and my children a decent living and a
happy family for 25 years. Yes it took me that long to come back to my
question. Who am I?
After somehow relieving myself and
my girls from the leech that was feeding on me and everyone around me, I
understood the meaning of my question. Its not Who am I? Its Who I am? I might
not be the Queen of all trades but, I am the queen of my life. I am an
optimist, a realist, a fighter, a Survivor …….or Am I?
Yes are a Fighter
ReplyDeletethank you
DeleteVery excited for the coming blogs
ReplyDeleteWowwwππ I'm ready a fan!! Excited for the upcoming blogs !!
ReplyDeletethank you so much dear reader
DeleteYes am a realist
ReplyDeleteGreatπ
DeleteU are a real fighter, Queen of Your Own Self and a Never Give Up Fun Loving person. In Short, U have learned to love self. Loads of Best Wishes Dear
ReplyDeleteThank you so much dear reader
DeleteSimply superb Ganga,you have rediscovered yourself in this beautiful life .
ReplyDeleteYes we should always have the positive reinforcement towards us ,yes we are the queen of this beautiful life.
Looking forward to your upcoming beautiful positive vibrating blogs.
Stay blessed dear
Thank you so much for the encouragement
DeleteOf course you are fighter, wonder woman what not .... Expecting more blogs.... ,,,☺️
ReplyDeleteThank you so much will try my best
Delete